Thursday, July 1, 2010

Profile showing

On Monday June 14 I was sitting at work when I received a phone call from our social worker. She stated that she had a birth mother who we marched perfectly but needed our final profile book. I was able to reach my former sister in law who was willing to come out where I was working and pick up our information and then run it to our agency. The profile would be shown that same day to the birth mother. How exciting to be asked to view our profile before it was submitted. I have to admit that I was a bit
emotional but was trying ever so hard to not get my hopes up.

Well 2 weeks later we get the word that the birthmother who viewed our letter has decided to parent her unborn child. I have to be honest and say that I'm a little disappointed, but I'm so greatful that the BM chose life. A few minutes later I received an email from the agency giving us updates as to how the office is doing. They currently have 4 BM's that they are couseling and 3 who have chosen adoption. It seems as though the birth mother that was considering us is due January 2011. The child is biracial (Caucasian and Hispanic). So we keep praying for those who have found themselves in a tough situation that they make the best possible decision for their unborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment